Tuesday, March 15, 2016

My paintings: Flowers (1)..........

My cold press water color book arrived some days back, and  ever since I am trying my hand at casual paintings....
It's not easy  to revive the artist streak...especially when juggling with science, research, publication, programming, photography etc...
Anyway learning is half the fun and the most exciting part of acquiring a new skill, in't it?
So, here are some of my painted flowers.....





I like this one...the looseness and fluidity, without the crisp lines makes it interesting to me..



The subtle, faint bud and the leaves tuned out well, but not the flower, it could have been nicer...

The rose petals seems okay, though calyx could have been improved..

Wet on wet media is called charging..and these paintings revolve around this technique...its unpredictable but exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...